Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Mornings are Hard

Mornings are evil. Evil things that really should not be as hard as they are for some evil reason.

Bones and I are not morning people. At all. Both of us are grumpy people in the morning and require a good 15-30 minutes to ourselves before maybe being the normal people we are during the day. Me even more so. Especially if it's early. Bones has gotten obnoxiously better about this though and takes about 5-10 minutes to regain proper societial interactive skills. Again me not so much.

So when both of us are required to get up in the wee hours of the day (and by wee, I mean before 7) we tend not to be the happiest bunch. 

So about a week ago - when I began this bloody post and then promptly forgot about it until now - both of us were required to be an hour away from home by 8 in the morning. Which meant leaving around 7, preferably 6:30-6:45 because, you know, you like to have some panic time just in case it's needed. Which in turn, meant waking up. Around 6. Actually 545. In the morning. During the summer. On a day I didn't have to go to work. 

Did I mention I really hate mornings? 

Long story short, we get there, I'm grumpy and sleepy and a little dopey (No dwarves we harmed in the making of this story) and spend the rest of the day there.

I swear there was a point to this post, but now I just think that it's this: 

Mornings are hard. And no one should have to get up before 9am. And when I become Commanding Empress of the World, everyone will get to sleep in until then. 

~Rocket

No comments:

Post a Comment