(Prepare yourselves. I'm bored and now have the means to ramble).
So sometime last week - possibly Thursday - Bones and I were hanging out, as we do, with some of our comrades. Just lazing about, having a grand ol' time doing whatever we pleased, when suddenly, a wild Bones' boyfriend appeared! (He was already there, but for plot's sake just imagine he popped up.) Being a music major - I think, at least, pretty sure that's what he does - he automatically sits down at the piano, which was conveniently placed in the vicinity, and begins to play a melody. After a couple of bars, he proudly tells us he's figured out how to play AWOLNATION's "Sail" and then proceeds to play the song. The entirety of it.
And it's been stuck in my head ever since.
It's Monday night. I haven't seen this kid since Wednesday, Thursday, whatever the hell day that was. But since that day this song has been haunting me.
Playing at work
On my favorite station in my truck
In the mall
At the movies
On a commercial on TV
My cousin humming it
IT'S FRAKKING EVERYWHERE.
So obviously the only solution is to either A) listen to it and dislodge the earworm or B) shut myself off from any source of mainstream music sources.
I did both. Neither are working.
The thing is, it's not a particularly enjoyable song for me. Ok, yeah kinda catchy and the blaring of the, what? Bass? Guitar? I have no idea what's making that sound, is kinda neat, BUT IT'S FRAKKING ANNOYING! So the fact that it's just in my head for the entire weekend is driving me up the frakking wall.
So here we are Monday night, and what am I doing? Sitting alone, in our home, waiting for Bones to come home from her jazz thingy, eating Chips and Salsa for dinner because it's 10:30 and I can't cook, and blaring the stupid song on repeat. And it will be on repeat until Bones comes home so she can revel in my misery with me.
Which now that I think about it, I actually have no idea when that will be...
... It's gunna be a looooong night
~Rocket
No comments:
Post a Comment